Wednesday, October 8, 2008

'Til we meet again, Mrs. D.

My post in September titled "A privilege we don't often get" was about the opportunity to say goodbye to someone before they die. I got that privilege when Mrs. D's family held a "Celebration of Life" party while she was still capable of receiving visitors, and it was such a nice thing that she got to enjoy her own "wake" of sorts. Tonight, Mrs. D lost her battle with cancer.

I am so sad, more so because my nephews, her two youngest Grandsons, probably won't remember her too well....they are only 3 and 4. I was one of those kids who grew up without Grandparents and I know what I missed. Mrs. D loved her family, and her Grandkids were definitely her pride and joy. Her whole house is decorated with picture after picture of all 5 of them. She also loved her God, and now is resting comfortably in His arms. I'm sure of it.

The next few days are sure to be filled with a lot of emotions, so please keep Mrs. D and all that loved her in your thoughts and prayers.

G

No comments: