Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Boys need pockets!

Hi again, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I've just had a crazy few months and haven't had the time (or more realistically, the energy!) to blog. Plus, every time I think of something to blog, I feel like it's coming off of negative situations and I don't want to become an "angry blogger"!!!

So, I thought I'd share a situation my son, Pal, thinks is TOP priority in life.

Here's our recent conversation:

Pal: "Mama, when are you going to give me pants or shorts with POCKETS?!"

Mama: "Why? Do you need pockets?"

Pal: "Um, YEAH. Like for all kinds of stuff. Like my cell phone*, or army guys, or my gum."

*cell phone disclaimer - it is a real cell phone that he plays with, but is not active!!! He is only 8.9 you know!!!

Mama: "Well, I didn't know that. Now I do, and if I'm buying you new clothes I will make sure the pants have pockets."

Pal: "FINALLY."


Okay, so I guess I never realized that boys NEED pockets. And then when I started thinking about it, my hubby always has "stuff" in his pockets. And no, not banana's and no I'm not happy to see you.

It must be a guy thing. I am not, and never will be (or understand), a guy. But I will be buying pants with pockets from now on. And then checking them before I do the wash....

No comments: